The pandemic has certainly forced us all into a major life transition that calls for coping strategies. Here are some ideas I’ve found helpful to adjust to the new normal that you may not have considered:
- Try new stuff. What hobbies or interests might you explore? You probably are already walking and jogging a lot more!
- Clean out old files and junk. You’re gonna feel really good when you do this one!
- Express daily what you are grateful for. My wife and I do this at night, after lights out.
- Plan your future. While you have the time, explore your encore and your dreams. I can help you with this one! Visit What’s Next.
- Watch documentaries. Make learning real things part of your viewing diet.
- Cut loose from the 24/7 covid-19 media news cycle. Tune in only once or twice daily to save your sanity.
- Meditate, do yoga or other centering activity. Get out of your head and into someplace else.
- Stay connected by Phone. If you’ve over-dosed on ZOOM, try calling people. No need to look good!